ZAPLAB (ZAPLAB's Another Poker/Life/Anything Blog)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Long time no blog...

Been a while since I logged in due to fun times at work and spending time with Brandie. I should probably write something. What though. Wouldn't be cool if I was writing something, and didn't even know it. Wait, I'm thinking out loud (or out typed...what's the correct conjugation there). Anyway, time for some random thoughts...

(1) Duct tape - nature's (kinda, I guess) band-aid for everything. My wallet's made out of the stuff. It fixes nearly everything and fits into conversation well. For instance, I refered to my poker game in Tunica as previously being held together by string, but it's now moved to duct tape, and now I'm looking at drywall and aluminium siding...see, poetic brilliance (I'm a coder, it's poetic brilliance for me). Leaky pipes? Fixed. Hanging a note for a friend taking care of your house? It tears too easily to be true (and doesn't always take off the paint)! Need to quiet a neighbor's...nevermind, you get the picture. Love it.

(2) {Insert semi/omnicient diety here} bless Andy Rooney. The man is comic genius. I only hope when I get old and crotchity, I can be as crotchity as him. From junk mail to Girl Scout cookies, he has a clear world view. I'm usually busy during the first parts of 60 minutes (unless a sport has shifted the time, then I wath till it conflicts with Criminal Intent), but I always try to catch
Andy. Props Rooney...props.

Looking forward to the game at Sham's this weekend. Meet the poker kitten and wings at Manual's. Beer anyone?

4 Comments:

  • Ahem...Manuel's. As in Batmanuel. Though I do sell a manual for Manuel's for a low, low price of $29.99.

    By Blogger deliverator, at 10:03 PM  

  • Ahem...Bite me. As I have said, I picked a carreer where spelling need not be correct, only consistent. It is therefore Manual's. That's kind of odd coming from the guy that doesn't spell check his blog on purpose. I'll take the damn book though...

    By Blogger thecaffiend, at 7:16 AM  

  • I've often wondered about why coders can't spell. I would think that would lead to a lot of programs not compiling due to spelling errors.

    By Blogger deliverator, at 8:28 PM  

  • Not if the spelling error are consistent. Now, if I can't mispell something the same way over and over, there's a problem...unless I'm in Python in which case it's fine...it just won't work right. TMinus [some time increment] to wings...mmmmmmmm.

    By Blogger thecaffiend, at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home