ZAPLAB (ZAPLAB's Another Poker/Life/Anything Blog)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Grrrrrrrrr...

Not much to report from the weekend game except that the first 5-10 buyin was a success. No one bought in for 5 :). Only 5 of us played, but for a good amount of time. Sham, Matt and I made money (and from Matt''s condition, I don't know how). No really interesting hands to talk about.

Bad news though. The mange mobile (as my car has become known due to the amount of dog hair) has died. The fixes (new clutch and radiator) would cost $1600 and the car just ain't worth it. Too many fixes over the past 5 years. Best to let this one go. Brandie is being an absolutley wonderful woman and is carting my sorry ass around. Shopping for a new one now. Hope this doesn't affect the WSOP trip...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I need more time to play. I had a laptop at home recently, that while I could not attach to my wireless network (the only one from work with no wireless adapter of couse) allowed me to be uber productive during my normal slack period (prime time TV time). I therefore need a laptop to persue my game as I wish. Anyone have a recomendation (bear in mind that I'm a coder who does some serious processing, and it needs to handle work stuff as well as strategic investments...)?

3 Comments:

  • I'm glad the buy-in went up to $10. Hope no one goes broke! Heh.

    By Blogger Gnome, at 10:18 PM  

  • Another thing: what good is a laptop without wireless? I should have known better than to expect that from Tech.

    By Blogger Gnome, at 4:08 AM  

  • The laptop is ancient. Not win 3.1 ancient, but P4 pre-centrino ancient (damn, if that's ancient i feel old...)

    By Blogger thecaffiend, at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home