ZAPLAB (ZAPLAB's Another Poker/Life/Anything Blog)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tunica trip report day 2 - 04/01/06

Good start to the day (after getting Sham out of bed). Went to the Atrium for lunch. First session (at the Strike, 5 hours into the 10 required for the room rate) started kinda rough. Shortly into it though...good times. Aces twice in three hands (and both held up) for big pots. Q's three times (held up) and aces again a while later (with an excellent check raise on 4th that worked to perfection). Thanks to plenty of speculative hands pre-flop, only got to slightly over 2 big bets per hour, but it was (in my opinion) the best session I've played. Kuro got to the table about half way through the 4 hours and played out the session with me.

Went to the Horseshoe steakhouse for dinner. Excellent (and 'spensive). French onion soup, a
wedge salad with bleu cheese, and a medium-rare (more rare) NY strip were the targets on my
mission. Great food. It reminded me of the one in the Vegas 'shoe, without the view and bleu
cheese steak. Oh well.

After that, Daniel wanted to go to the Isle Of Caprie (sp?) outside of town (20ish miles) because they had re-opened their poker room and none of us had chips. Cool, except as soon as we got out of the parking lot, the sky opened up. Tunica is a really good place to see lightning if you're into that. Got there in about 40 minutes (in the phone with Mark part of the way, again, good times). The poker room had a problem. Only a single full table. I didn't get a look (I was, umm, busy...) but I was told the tables were much like the Imperial Palace in Vegas (bad times). Got our chips, then got out (Ron called me twice in 10 minutes as soon as we left trying to get me to listen to a band he was listening to at a bar in the Atl...don't try that at home).

Back to the Strike to finish my sentence. One hour to go. Sat at the table for a hand. Noticed it was VERY hot. After the hand, Arthur (room manager) moved us to another table for that reason. It wasn't much better, but it was a little better. Came to find out the power went out during the bad storm, and hosed the AC. Great. I got 2 full houses in 5 hands, then A's 3 later. This started my downfall.A's got cracked by a 5/3 that flushed (which mind you was UTG, then cold called a raise, reraise, and my re-reraise...but it was soooooooted...). Oh well.

Twas an iteresting table. I saw my first Misfits (my favorite band) tat on a poker trip (on a pretty attrctive girl, nice). Had the obligatory annoying "talk stupid crap to everyone guy". I also learned an interesting tidbit. If you're in the Strike poker room on the night of a time change (during the time change) and are working off your indetured slavitude, the clocks update time, (spring forward), but don't have the smarts to apply it to your time (I was in for 1h 40min, and the clock at the end said 2h 40min).

So now it's 4:45 local. I have to meet Sham and Kuro at 10 for breakfast and a 7 hour drive. Drink time (bout time) and bedtime.

8 Comments:

  • 5-3 sooooooted=power. Fold AA preflop next time, and the path to enlightenment will be near.

    By Blogger Gnome, at 8:18 PM  

  • Did he ask if he could re-re-reraise?

    By Blogger deliverator, at 9:14 PM  

  • I just read in Harrington that it's right to fold A's preflop sometimes, but I don't think it applies here.

    By Blogger thecaffiend, at 4:40 PM  

  • Never fold the hammer, either. Raise. You're a blogger now.

    Nice recap.

    By Blogger kurokitty, at 9:55 PM  

  • Yeah, the folding was when you're in sattelite paying a seat to 4 and there are 6 left, and you're ahead...

    By Blogger thecaffiend, at 8:27 AM  

  • Poker is too popular for you to be involved. When did you sell out?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 AM  

  • When your mom was finally willing to pay what I am worth. Well into the billions of $ came my way.

    By Blogger thecaffiend, at 11:30 AM  

  • So instead of "suckout," your trademark is "sellout?" All too clear to me now.

    By Blogger kurokitty, at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home